This weekend I’m learning about seahorses that live in the Hudson River(!). Here are a few more ways to explore the natural world in NYC and beyond (June 25-26, 2016):
- Learn about urban gardening at the GROW Festival in Crown Heights (Sat. 6/25)
- Get a sneak-peek of the largest park to be created in NYC in 100 years – Freshkills Park (Sat. 6/25)
- Spot ibis, egrets, and terns on a sunset ecology cruise with Jamaica Bay experts Don Riepe and Mickey Cohen (Sun. 6/26)
- Listen to how the Rockaway Pennisula isn’t as old as you think
- Dream of seeing fireflies in the Great Smoky Mountains; are the firelflies out in NYC yet?
- Read about the complex navigational abilities of dung beetles and other insects