I’ll be traveling this weekend to visit family in the American Southwest – adobe and green chile are in my future. If you are staying in the city, here are a few ways you could spend June 4 – 5, 2016:
- It’s horseshoe crab mating season for the next couple of weeks. Try to glimpse this sight if you can.
- Stargaze at Brooklyn Bridge Park with astronauts and astrophysicists from the World Science Festival
- Read about the strange blissfulness of storms
- Wade into the Hudson River with ecologists for the New York City Fish Count at Ft. Washington Park, 172nd St. Beach
- Explore the wetlands of Randall’s Island in search of migrating birds with New York City Audubon